Tuesday 25 September 2012

Freda



Along with the majority of the female population I love shoes, this should come as no surprise to anyone.  Its a dream of mine to learn how to properly hand sew a pair of leather shoes. I'll admit I have googled it, I've watch most you tube videos that exist about shoe cobbling, I've definitely torn apart shoes to see how they are made, I've even taken the outer sole from one pair and attached them to another.  Someday I'll go to Italy, Brazil maybe Vietnam and find a little old man to teach me how to make shoes. 

I was so excited to stumble upon article on Sacramento Street about Megan Papay and Cristina Palomo the two beautiful stylish women behind Freda Salvador.   I think they might me my new idols.   See below for a few photos of their amazing shoes and work space (that vintage Eames looking chair is to die for.)  Or to read the full article about their hand sewn shoes made in family owned factories in El Salvador click here. 

You can find Freda Salvador at  La Boutique  in San Francisco, Saks and online at ShopBop 


I was so excited to stumble upon article on Sacramento Street about Megan Papay and Cristina Palomo the two beautiful stylish women behind Freda Salvador.   I think they might me my new idols.   See below for a few photos of their amazing shoes and work space (the vintage Eames looking chair below is to die for.)  Or to read the full article about their hand sewn shoes made in family owned factories in El Salvador click here.





You can find Freda Salvador at  La Boutique  in San Francisco, Saks and online at ShopBop 

Xo Austere 








1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...